Articles and Interviews
Essays are listed in reverse chronological order with most recent materials appearing at the top. Because of the evolving nature of our project, recent essays more accurately reflect our current work. However, we also provide older materials to give a sense of the history and development of the Whitman Archive.
- Price, Kenneth M. "The Walt Whitman Archive and the Prospects for Social Editing" (Author’s original pre-publication version of an essay forthcoming in Digital Scholarship in the Humanities. A link to the version of record will be supplied once the essay is published.)
- Gray, Nicole, and Kenneth M. Price. "The Letters in the Litter: Messy Boundaries and Other Conundrums in Editing Walt Whitman's Correspondence."
- Price, Kenneth M., Bernardini, Caterina, and Ali, Masoodi-nia. "Adabiyateh jahan: Goft-o-gooyeh ekhtesasi ba Ken Price va Catererina Bernardini pajoohesh-garaneh asareh Whitman, malekul shoarayeh democracy." ["World Literature: Exclusive Interview with Ken Price and Caterina Bernardini, Scholars of the Works of Whitman, the King of the Poets of Democracy."]
- Price, Kenneth M., Garzón Rogé, Mariana. "Expansión, elasticidad y reelaboración de un archivo como base de datos. Entrevista a Kenneth Price del Archivo Walt Whitman" ["Expansion, Elasticity, and Revision of an Archive as Database. Interview with Kenneth M. Price, from the Walt Whitman Archive."]
- Price, Kenneth M. "Editing Whitman in the Digital Age."
- Associated Press. "Walt Whitman's Civil War Records Unveiled."
- National Archives. "Walt Whitman Documents Discovered in the National Archives."
- University Communications, University of Nebraska–Lincoln. "[Kenneth Price discussing discovery of Whitman documents in the National Archives]."
- Price, Kenneth M. "Civil War Washington, the Walt Whitman Archive, and Some Present Editorial Challenges and Future Possibilities."
- Price, Kenneth M. "Edition, Project, Database, Archive, Thematic Research Collection: What's in a Name?"
- Price, Kenneth M. "Electronic Scholarly Editions."
- Beasley, Sandra. "I Sing the Body Digital."
- Benton, Thomas H. [William Pannapacker]. "Authoritative Online Editions."
- Folsom, Ed. "Database as Genre: The Epic Transformation of Archives" and "Reply."
- Bonner, Paul. "Duke Houses One of the Nation's Top Whitman Collections."
- Cohen, Matt. "Transgenic Deformation: Literary Translation and the Digital Archive."
- Pannapacker, Willliam. "The Walt Whitman Archive: The Body of Work Electric."
- Institute of Museum and Library Services. "Whitman Speaks to a New Generation."
- Price, Kenneth M. "The Walt Whitman Archive at Ten: Some Backward Glances and Vistas Ahead."
- Schramm, Geoffrey Saunders. "Whitman's Lifelong Endeavor: Leaves of Grass at 150."
- Barney, Brett, and Kenneth M. Price. "'What I Assume You Shall Assume': The Whitman Archive and the Challenge of Integrating Different Open Standards."
- University Communications, University of Nebraska–Lincoln. "Whitman Archive publicity video."
- Walter, Katherine L., and Kenneth M. Price. "An Online Guide to Walt Whitman's Dispersed Manuscripts."
- Barney, Brett. "'Each Part and Tag of Me is a Miracle': Reflections after Tagging the 1867 Leaves of Grass."
- Folsom, Ed. "Projecting Whitman: The Evolution and Remediation of The Collected Writings of Walt Whitman."
- Price, Kenneth M. "Dollars and Sense in Collaborative Digital Scholarship: The Example of the Walt Whitman Hypertext Archive."
- Price, Kenneth M. Interview with Georgetown University's American Studies Crossroads Project.