In Whitman's Hand
[Sands at Seventy]? Or
Sands at Seventy
|Sands on the Shores|
for Annex to the preceding
- This manuscript was probably written in the late 1880s.
- Editorial note
- "Sands at Seventy" was the title of a collection of poems that first appeared in November Boughs (1888) and was later included as an "annex" to the final printings of Leaves of Grass.
- Notes written on manuscript
- In top margin, in unknown hand: 554.
- Sands at Seventy | Yale Collection of American Literature, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Whitman Archive ID